The 5 Healthier Dish Alternatives to Serve During Your Summer Wedding Reception
Summer weddings are some of the most spectacular! People feel their best and work hard to look their best. After all the effort you have devoted to shedding those extra pounds for the summer and your wedding, focusing on health and taste for your dishes during the wedding reception can go a long way. Choosing to serve healthy and light dishes can also be a great way to boost your guests’ excitement, confidence, and to show them how creative you can get!
For this, variety is key. These days, when we are more educated on our dietary habits and restrictions, think about providing gluten-free options, and dishes everyone from the vegan to the carnivore can enjoy.
Since the summer season brings us some of the best and sweetest fruits, I recommend getting creative with ways to add Mother Nature’s treats to your dishes everyone can enjoy. Splurge on good quality protein, shop the local farmers market for fresh vegetables and herbs, and replace high-carb options with healthier alternatives like quinoa. Your guests will thank you!
Here are some tips on healthier alternatives, from appetizers to desserts, which are creative and more delicious to serve during your perfect summer wedding reception!
- Balsamic Strawberries and Goat Cheese Crostinis — Marinate thinly sliced strawberries with vinegar, brown sugar, basil, salt, and pepper. Include gluten-free crostinis as well. You can find the full recipe here on Cooking for Keeps.
- Garlic Brown Sugar Flank Steak with Chimichurri — Good quality protein with the right sauce/herbs is everything! Check out your local butcher for deals on premium meats.
- Quinoa Avocado Spinach with Cherry Tomatoes & Chive Salad — A great vegan and gluten-free dish. For the dressing add minced garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Shish Kabobs — Prepare these a couple days before, grill day of. Two chunks of pineapple can give it the perfect Hawaiian flavor!
- Waffle Cones Stuffed with Chopped Fruits – Optional: Add a chocolate rim to the waffle cone, dress it up with sprinkles, peanuts, etc.
See my article on The Daily Meal with a different perspective and more recipe options!! 5 Healthy Dishes to Serve During Your Summer Engagement Party♡