6 Magical Disney Inspired Places that Really Do Exist
The world of Disney and fairy tales were a big part of my childhood. Can you relate? I learned so many valuable life lessons from the movies created under Disney’s roof. Beauty & the Beast taught me not to judge a book (or person) by its cover. The Jungle Book taught me about friendship and so did Toy Story. Pinocchio taught me about the importance of honesty. These movies and so many more each taught a good and valuable lesson. Now that I’m older I can also see the other side of it, you know the perverted, creepy images and Jerry Springer like plot lines. I may not agree with most of Walt’s ways, but I can agree with this one:
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
So, in the spirit of inspiration, here are some real life places that inspired Disney movie settings.
- Have you been to Belle’s town from Beauty & the Beast? Colmar, France is one of the most enchanting towns. I wouldn’t mind singing through these streets and reading to sheep.
- Remember Paradise Falls from Disney’s Up? Check out Angel Falls in Venezuela. It really does exist!
- Taj Mahal in India was the inspiration for the Sultan’s Palace in Aladdin.
- One of Disney’s most iconic castles, Sleeping Beauty’s, is inspired by Neuschwanstein castle in Germany.
- Avatar was one of the most successful movies ever and the land of Pandora was inspired by Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in China. Ok, so technically this isn’t a Disney movie, but they’re working on an Avatar inspired land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Florida.
These are the floating mountains of Pandora.
This is the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in China.
- Last but not least, feast your eyes on what’s known to be the “Wonder of the West.” In Normandy, France stands Mont Saint-Michel in which the magical kingdom of Corona from Disney’s Tangled was modeled after. Cool right?!
One of the most beautiful lessons I still carry with me is the notion that if you believe, if you really truly believe against all odds, then anything is possible. You are possible, and so are any crazy outrageous dreams you have. We may not live in a world of talking animals, mermaids, flying carpets or wizards, but we are magic. Our hopes, our dreams, and desires carry a certain power that if carried out, becomes a reality. Our magic lies within our heart and our love.
As Nelson Mandela said before:
It always seems impossible until it is done.
For more awesome fairy tale looking places that really exist click on 26 Real Places That Look Like They’ve Been Taken Out Of Fairy Tales by Buzzfeed writer Arielle Calderon who suggests;
If you love fairy tales and have a serious case of wanderlust, this bucket list was made for you.