The Basics You’ll Need to Know for the Superbowl Game & Additional Sports Facts
We are stronger together than we are alone.
1. A touchdown is worth 6 points and the most valuable scoring play in the NFL.
2. An offensive formation is considered illegal if there are more than 4 players in the backfield or fewer than 5 players numbered 50-79 on the offensive line.
The 5 basics you’ll need to know about this years Superbowl 2017:
- This is the 51st Super Bowl.
- If the Patriots win, Tom Brady will become the first quarterback with five Super Bowl wins.
- The Atlanta Falcons scored the most points in the regular season and the team scoring the most in points in the regular season have a 10-11 record in the Super Bowl.
- The Patriots have been hit with cheating scandal most recently in 2015/2016 where Tom Brady got suspended 4 games in the current 2016/2017 season and it may be awakard if the Patriots win on Super Bowl Sunday considering the man who suspended him is Roger Goodell, NFL commisioner, would be presenting the Vince Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy.
- Julio Jones of the Atlanta Falcons is arguably the game’s best receiver. With 5 postseason starts, Julio Jones averages 110.4 yards, a touchdown and most recent win against the Green Bay Packers, he set a playoff record with his 180-yard, two-touchdown game.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
1. A hat trick is when a player scores 3 goals in a single game.
2. The Stanley Cup is the oldest professional sports trophy in North America.
I can accept fortune, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying again.
1. The first game was played in 1891 in Springfields, MA .
2. The point guard directs the on court action of the team and implements the coach’s game plan.
Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
All these sports legends have at least one thing in common with one, we all have a passion for sports.
My passion for sports began before I was even born and has continues ever since. Even though I know a lot about sports, there is always still more to learn for me, which continues to make it exciting and the general sports facts below are knew ones that I have just learned. What makes sports extra special for me is I get to share in my obsession with my dad and even in the offseasons we discuss trades and controversy. Though, there are some teams that shall not be named in our house, it is all in good fun and competition 🙂 Stay tuned for more on sports throughout the year and my continued love for it all.
General Sports Facts:
1. The traditional team sports are seen as springing primarily from Britain.
2. The Industrial Revolution contributed to sports being played and spectators to watch as well as more accesible.
3. Most sports that exist now have Fantasty Leagues to help create more excitement between spectators.
P.S. Be Sure to tag us and use the #WTDSports so we can see how you represent and style your favorite team’s gear!
**facts compiled from cbssports.com and Google search.