Natural Holiday Hair Mask DIY
Cooking over a hot stove this holiday? I bet you can’t wait for your hair to think it’s summer again and frizz right up from heat. Nothing’s worse than that especially after spending your valuable time doing your hair before company arrives. Well, if you’re looking for luscious hair and are ready to ditch the frizz, then we have a brilliant home remedy for you!
For ALL HAIR TYPES: Let’s take a look at your grocery list, you might already have everything you need!
Avocado (Ripe): vitamin packed moisturizer
Banana (Ripe): to coat hair while fixing & preventing damaged hair
Mayonnaise or Sour Cream: to add extra hydration
Honey: to condition
Eggs: whites to eliminate oils while the yolk moisturizes
You’ll also need:
To Create and Apply Your Mask:
1. Mash up half an avocado and half a banana.
2. Add in one tablespoon of mayonnaise or sour cream and one tablespoon of honey.
3. Whisk together one whole egg.
4. Blend all the ingredients together and apply to damp hair.
5. Comb the mask through your hair using a detangling comb to ensure your hair is thoroughly covered.
6. If your hair dries, spray some water on it prior to covering.
7. Do not clip or tie hair, and place a shower cap over with your hair gently tucked inside.
8. After about 25 minutes, rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.
9. Rinse thoroughly with cool water, followed by your normal shampoo and conditioner.
10. Style, and enjoy your gorgeous locks!
***Most homemade hair masks say they can be used on your face, and while that is true, I do not recommend using this one unless you have combination skin. ***